Record Store Day is coming up on April 18th and the special releases to celebrate the occasion have been released, including a special release from 2015 Ambassador Dave Grohl.
Some of the cool releases include:
- Father John Misty’s I Loved You, Honeybee 7″. It’s pressed on a heart-shaped vinyl and features a track of the same name, which is an alternate version of “I Love You, Honeybear.” It also includes the exclusive tune, “I’ve Never Been A Woman.”
- A special edition, 10th anniversary pressing of The Decemberists’ Picaresque
- Coloured 10″ vinyls of The Flaming Lips’ two rarities EPs: Bad Days and This Here Giraffe
- Vampire Weekend’s Step 12″. The vinyl includes a remix featuring Danny Brown, Heems, and Despot, along with an instrumental version of the track.
- The Foo Fighters‘ Songs From The Laundry Room, a 10″ vinyl featuring unreleased demos from the early ’90s, including a track called “Empty Handed” and a cover of “Kids In America.”
- Mumford & Sons are offering a limited edition bootleg-style hand-stamped 7-inch featuring two tracks (“Believe”/ “The Wolf”) from their forthcoming third album Wilder Mind In addition to the BELIEVE/THE WOLF 7″ single being available for Record Store Day, the band has announced some special RSD “Wilder Mind” vinyl playback initiatives happening around the world at select independent record stores, including one at Soundscapes in Toronto!
- For the first time The White Stripes’ Get Behind Me Satan will be pressed on vinyl!
- Florence and the Machine will share a special blue 10 inch pressing of “What Kind Of Man”
- Courtney Barnett will release a new track called “Kim’s Caravan” b/w a cover of John Cale’s “Close Watch” on 12-inch.
- Death Cab for Cutie will have a cover of Freedy Johnston’s “Bad Reputation” on a 7-inch b/w the original.
- Run The Jewels will drop a 12 inch which includes a previously unreleased song called “Bust No Moves”, “Pew Pew Pew” from the European edition of RTJ, “Love Again” off RTJ2, and the bonus RTJ2 track “Blockbuster Night Pt. 2″.
…and LOADS more. Check out the full list on the Record Store Day website.