The Emmy Award-winning Breaking Bad came to a end last night while “Baby Blue” by Badfinger closed out the series. The show had a standout soundtrack including a few great Canadian indie acts. Take a look at 10 musical moments from AMC’s Breaking Bad below:
1. “Crystal Blue Persuasion” by Tommy James and the Shondells
The creative team must’ve waited for the perfect time to pull this one out.
2. “Magic Arrow” by Timber Timbre
Ontario’s Timber Timbre was featured on “Caballo Sin Nombre” from season three.
3. “Baby Blue” by Badfinger
“I guess I got what I deserved…I would show the special love I have for you, my baby blue”
4. “Breaking Bad Main Title Theme (Extended)” by Dave Porter
Musical props to composer David Porter for this perfect ending to the second last episode.
5. “Black” by Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi
Probably one of the most bone-chilling scenes on television.
6. “They’re Going to Take My Thumbs” by Holy Fuck
Toronto’s Holy Fuck kicked off the second season with this instrumental.
7. “DLZ” by TV On The Radio
Might not be the best scene in the series but it’s certainly one of the best songs.
8. “Waiting Around to Die” by The Be Good Tanyas
Another Canadian indie appearance.
9. “Windy” by The Association
“Windy” plays at the beginning of an episode in season 3 when we watch Wendy the prostitute.
10. “A Horse With No Name” by America
Walt sings this as he gets pulled over for having a crackled windshield in season three.