Mac DeMarco, though he may not live in Canada anymore, is still putting our nation on the map. Following the success of his sophomore record 2, he released Salad Days which just got shortlisted for the Polaris Music Prize. It’s time to learn about one of the strangest men in music.
Below are 10 things you might not know about Mac DeMarco:
3. He named his album Salad Days, a term from a Shakespearean play called Antony and Cleopatra that loosely means “the good old days”, and reminds Mac not to be a jerk while touring and to feel good about his life.
4. Mac’s mother replies to messages left by fans on his social networks. Sometimes she’ll even wish them a happy birthday.
5. He lived in Vancouver, Edmonton, and Montreal before moving to Brooklyn in 2013.
7. Mac has his own video game called “Squish’Em”, where you squish bugs with cigarettes. Play it here.
8. The first time Mac ever went to New York, he was slipped magic mushrooms hidden inside chocolate.
10. He has his own “Macumentary” called Pepperoni Playboy. Watch it below: