The sun has set on the summer of 2015, but that’s no reason to get down in the dumps. Fall is filled with some v cool events and activities to look forward to.
1. POST FESTIVAL CONCERTS: The best way to cure those festival blues? Go see your summer music crush in a more intimate venue. September sees The Stroke’s Albert Hammond Jr. at The Opera House, Alabama Shakes takes on their first stadium tour with July Talk, The Constantines will play Lee’s, just to name a few. There’s also Indie88 2nd Birthday Party with Born Ruffians, Dear Rouge, Brave Shores and The Zolas which you can still win tickets too! And CHVRCHES return to the Danforth for back-to-back shows, Tobias Jesso Jr, Tove Lo, The Neighbourhood, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Disclosure, and Purity Ring are just some of the shows you’ll be able to catch in October.
Be sure to check our concert listings for upcoming shows.
2. FALL FOOD & DRINKS: Pumpkin spice errything.
3. SCENIC HIKES: Get out of the city and go see the beautiful foliage. Check out some of the Best Places To Go For A Hike in Toronto and get off the beaten path with these Hiking Trails You Might Not Know.
(Photo by detsang via Flickr)
4. SPORTS! It’s looking promising that your Toronto Blue Jays will be playing ball into October! Not to mention the Raptors and Maple Leafs will be getting their seasons going. GO LOCAL SPORTS TEAM!
(Photo by Gary J. Wood via Flickr)
5. TURF: Peep Of Monsters And Men, The Pixies, Edward Sharpe and so much more at Toronto’s Urban Roots Fest.
6. JUST FOR LAUGHS: Who doesn’t like to laugh? September 24-October 3rd. Check hahaha.com for details!
(Photo by Alexa Clark via Flickr)
7. THANKSGIVING: Need we say more?
(Photo by Ian Freimuth via Flickr)
8. CARVING PUMPKINS (/HALLOWEEN): Whether you still dress up or not it’s still fun to carve some seasonal gourds.
(Photo by hjl via Flickr)
9. RIOT FEST: Just because the summer is over, doesn’t mean the fests are. Catch Alexisonfire, Weezer, Wu Tang Clan and many more September 19th & 20th at Downsview Park. Full lineup & details.
10. RUNNING: Fall is the ideal time to run, the temps have cooled, the trees look pretty and there are many races/marathons/fun runs to keep you busy. Stay up to date at: runguides.com
(Photo by Nick Harris via Flickr)
11. OKTOBERFEST: Head to Beau’s Brewery, Kitchener or celebrate in the city!
(Photo by leigh wolf via Flickr)
12. BACK TO SCHOOL: Either starting another semester or just getting the kids out of the house, back to school is a fun time (kinda).
13. NUIT BLANCHE: October 3rd. Sunset to Sunrise. A FREE all night contemporary art event. Details here.
14. CORN MAZES: Get lost in corn because it’s fun.
(Photo by amanda tipton via Flickr)