Ahead of Apple’s highly-anticpated keynote this afternoon, where the company is expected to unveil a new iPhone model, an Apple analyst has leaked 15 of it’s major new features.
Apple is also expected to release iOS 10, a new MacOS, new Apple Watch models and OS, as well an update to Apple TV’s operating system.
1. New True Tone displays like the iPad Pro range, with laser based proximity sensors for faster response times
2. 32GB, 128GB and 256GB storage tiers will replace 16GB, 64GB and 128GB
3. 2x 12MP dual rear camera limited to iPhone 7 Plus, uses 1x wide angle and 1x telephoto lenses
4. Upgraded ambient light sensors on both new iPhone cameras for better low light shots
5. Camera flash LEDs doubled from two to four with warm and cool colours
6. 3.5mm headphone jack removed
7. Lightning EarPods and a 3.5mm to Lightning headphone adaptor included in the box
8. Second external speaker and integrated amplifier for louder, richer output
9. Basic IPX7 water resistance – both phones can withstand splashes and full submersion for up to 30 minutes. Not quite Galaxy S7 level (one hour+), but close.
10. 2GB RAM for iPhone 7, 3GB RAM for iPhone 7 Plus
11. Next generation A10 chipset sees CPUs hit 2.45GHz clock speeds and 20-30% performance gains
12. 3D Touch 2.0 sensor with more distinct haptic feedback
13. Home button replaced with non-clicking touch sensor with haptic feedback
14. Antenna bands removed from the back of both models for cleaner look
15. Two new colours: dark black and piano black (latter in limited quantities for 256GB model); space grey colour option ended
Image courtesy MirrorUK