If you could give a kid a new book, what one would you pick? (Okay, you have February to answer that one.)
Lana here, I help run A Good Book Drive here in Toronto. In the month of February, we collect new and gently used children’s books for The Children’s Book Bank in Regent Park, who give books and literacy support to children in high needs areas of Toronto! At the book bank, kids can pick any book off the shelf and bring it home to keep! And the Children’s Book Bank need more books!!!
Want to donate your favourite children’s book? Here’s how A Good Book Drive works:
This year’s target will be to raise 3,500 books in the month of February!
See some of last years book drive participants in the video below, including Hannah Georgas, Broken Social Scene’s Brendan Canning, Olympian Adam van Koeverden and even the mayor!
Want to donate a book this year? Throughout February drop off your favourite children’s book (for kids 12 & under) at one of our A Good Book Box Locations (including Indie88)! If you have a lot of gently used books, please bring them to the Children’s Book Bank.
A Good Book Drive Drop-Off Locations
• Indie88 – 20 Hanna Avenue
• The Children’s Book Bank – 350 Berkeley Street
• The Scullery – 200 Carlton Street
• Type Books – 883 Queen Street West
• Caplansky’s Deli – 356 College Street
• Tiny Record Shop – 804 Queen Street East
• Local Gest – 424 Parliament Street
• Love Me Do – 50 Lynn Williams Street
• Reunion Island Coffee Bar – 385 Roncesvalles Ave
• Town Barber – 1114 Dundas Street West
• Ella Minnow – 991 Kingston Road
• Capital Espresso -1349 Queen Street West
• Scooter Girl – 187 Roncesvalles Ave
• Doll Factory My Damzels – 394 Roncesvalles Ave & 1122 Queen Street East
• Kid Icarus – 205 Augusta Ave
Don’t forget to follow A Good Book Drive’s social media accounts @agoodbookdrive we’ll be featuring new Torontonians every day (including a lot of fine folks from Indie) who will share a good story about their favourite children’s book! Tell your friends!