Current Job Postings
One of Toronto’s most notable media companies and Canadian Music Week’s Rock Radio Station of the Year is continuing to grow! We are looking to add an experienced Account Manager to the team.
WHY WE WILL LOVE YOU
You are a believer in the power of radio, digital content and event activations working together to build a clients’ campaign. Reporting to the Director of Sales, you have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in the advertising industry as a passionate seller to local businesses. You have experience building custom campaigns for your clients that are innovative and help push the needle by building their brand awareness or market share.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE:
• A proven sales performer – radio and/or digital media preferred, comfortable at developing a business plan for your Client list.
• Aggressively grow and maintain direct relationships with business owners and marketing directors in Toronto.
• Develop clear and effective written proposals for all businesses.
• The ability to make targeted creative presentations which inspire and grow a client’s business
• Strong knowledge of the Toronto media landscape inclusive of all media offerings.
• Active participation in team sales and promotion meetings, providing written reports on sales, customer needs and competitive activities as needed.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must, along with the ability to multitask while being detail oriented in this fast paced role.
• Successfully coordinate sales efforts with other departments.
• CRM experience preferred
HERE IS WHY WE KNOW YOU’LL LOVE US
Central Ontario Broadcasting is an independent broadcasting company with over 25 years’ experience. That means we can make decisions quickly, we still believe radio is fun, and encourage high fives (and dogs!) in the hallway. We are used to innovating and winning.
How to apply:
Please apply with your resume and elevator pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 23rd, 2018
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Digital Media Intern
Indie88 is searching for a intern to join the Digital Media Team. You are preferably a student in program with a focus on digital media and communications. You are looking for an internship that fulfills your program requirements. You have exceptional research and writing skills and a strong interest and aptitude for social media. You are a music fan who knows many of the artists Indie88 plays and regularly uses digital tools to discover and share music. You have some experience with the following Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, digital photography, and blogging.
- Research and curate relevant music news for publication on Indie88 digital channels
- Draft concert listings, music news, and lifestyle articles for Indie88 digital channels
- Edit photos for use on Indie88 digital channels
- Draft and schedule social media posts
- Comfortable with WordPress publishing
- Assist with operation of camera equipment for video and photo shoots
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
Send a great cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Digital Media Intern” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Street Team Interns – Part Time
Indie88 is searching for our next energetic Street Team Interns to join our crew. Do you have an outgoing, energetic and approachable personality? Do you love engaging with the public and working with a fantastic team? Reporting to the Promotions Manager & Street Team Leaders, you’ll be responsible for representing the station all over town while creating fun, memorable experiences for our listeners. You must thrive on being the centre of attention and never be afraid to have too much fun and/or make a fool of yourself!
• Represent Indie88 all over the GTA, and execute station appearances on the street, at events, concerts, festivals, client locations, movie premieres, etc.
• Engage with listeners and make them remember you. You’re approachable and you love talking to strangers!
• Promote the station and brand with a big smile! Be outgoing, enthusiastic and have fun!
• Be able to shine in front of a crowd and be comfortable on a microphone.
• Responsible, reliable and punctual. Always represent the station in a professional manner.
• Set up and tear down equipment and signage.
• Currently enrolled in a Radio Broadcast / Media / Marketing / PR Program in College or University
• Must have a flexible schedule and be available weekends/evenings/holidays.
• Must be 19 years of age or older.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must thrive in a fast paced, team environment.
• Able to lift and carry equipment as required.
Hours: Approximately 10-20 hours per month.
Send a great cover letter and resume to Ashley@indie88.com. Please include “Street Team Intern” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Indie88 (CIND-FM) officially launched on August 3rd as Canada’s first Indie station – Giving Great Music A Home. The station supports the musician behind the song and puts the audience first. Indie88 is committed to providing a platform for emerging Canadian artists and all their fans. To experience Indie88, tune in to 88.1 FM and Indie88.com.