Current Job Postings
Account Executive – Outside Sales
Indie88 is Toronto’s New Alternative radio station located in the heart of Liberty Village. We specialize in radio broadcasting, digital streaming and content, live events, and connecting the community to music and the artists that create it.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, Indie88 is looking for a consultative sales and marketing professional with a passion for helping businesses grow.
You believe in the power of radio and digital media working together to create successful advertising campaigns for clients. You have a demonstrated knowledge of the media landscape in Toronto and thrive as part of an innovative team. The ideal candidate is a relationship builder with strong prospecting skills and a natural curiosity to learn and try new approaches. You enjoy cultivating lasting relationships and most importantly – have the ambition to succeed!
- Actively prospect new business opportunities and keep detailed records of activity in our CRM system.
- Guide clients through the radio and digital advertising process and manage advertising campaigns from initial contact to collection.
- Collaborate on client solutions with creative, digital and promotions teams to ensure client needs are met and expectations exceeded.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prospecting skills including: researching, cold calling, conducting customer needs analyses, proposal writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Interpersonal skills working with a dynamic team and a proven track record of influencing key decision makers.
- 1-3 years sales experience required. Advertising experience in radio or digital media an asset.
- Post-secondary diploma from accredited college or undergraduate degree.
- Valid class G driver’s license
- Proficient with MS Office 365
Indie 88 is an award-winning broadcast and digital media company. We’re part of an independent broadcasting organization which means we believe radio is fun and encourage high fives in the hallway. We’re passionate about music and thrive on creativity, innovation and winning.
How to Apply
Please apply with your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Account Executive’ in subject line. We thank everyone for their interest, only those invited for an interview will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you.
Digital Media Intern
Indie88 is searching for a intern to join the Digital Media Team. You are preferably a student in program with a focus on digital media and communications. You are looking for an internship that fulfills your program requirements. You have exceptional research and writing skills and a strong interest and aptitude for social media. You are a music fan who knows many of the artists Indie88 plays and regularly uses digital tools to discover and share music. You have some experience with the following Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, digital photography, and blogging.
- Research and curate relevant music news for publication on Indie88 digital channels
- Draft concert listings, music news, and lifestyle articles for Indie88 digital channels
- Edit photos for use on Indie88 digital channels
- Draft and schedule social media posts
- Comfortable with WordPress publishing
- Assist with operation of camera equipment for video and photo shoots
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
Send a great cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Digital Media Intern” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Indie88 is searching for an intern to join the Promotions Team. You are preferably a student in program with a focus on Radio Broadcasting, Marketing, or Public Relations. You are looking for an internship that fulfills your program requirements. You have a key interest in learning the ins and outs of Radio Promotions from contesting, on-site event coordination and customer service. You are a music fan who knows many of the artists Indie88 plays and contests and promotions we have completed in the past. You also have experience with Microsoft Office, and can work well on a team as well with little supervision.
• Maintain great relationships with our listeners and winners on Indie88 and Indie88.com by awarding prizes and arranging pick up
• Draft concert listings, event postings, and promotional social media copy
• Comfortable with WordPress publishing
• Basic general office duties such as answering phones, filing and housekeeping
Send a great cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Promotions Intern” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Street Team Interns – Part Time
Indie88 is searching for our next energetic Street Team Interns to join our crew. Do you have an outgoing, energetic and approachable personality? Do you love engaging with the public and working with a fantastic team? Reporting to the Promotions Manager & Street Team Leaders, you’ll be responsible for representing the station all over town while creating fun, memorable experiences for our listeners. You must thrive on being the centre of attention and never be afraid to have too much fun and/or make a fool of yourself!
• Represent Indie88 all over the GTA, and execute station appearances on the street, at events, concerts, festivals, client locations, movie premieres, etc.
• Engage with listeners and make them remember you. You’re approachable and you love talking to strangers!
• Promote the station and brand with a big smile! Be outgoing, enthusiastic and have fun!
• Be able to shine in front of a crowd and be comfortable on a microphone.
• Responsible, reliable and punctual. Always represent the station in a professional manner.
• Set up and tear down equipment and signage.
• Currently enrolled in a Radio Broadcast / Media / Marketing / PR Program in College or University
• Must have a flexible schedule and be available weekends/evenings/holidays.
• Must be 19 years of age or older.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must thrive in a fast paced, team environment.
• Able to lift and carry equipment as required.
Hours: Approximately 10-20 hours per month.
Send a great cover letter and resume to Ashley@indie88.com. Please include “Street Team Intern” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Indie88 (CIND-FM) officially launched on August 3rd as Canada’s first Indie station – Giving Great Music A Home. The station supports the musician behind the song and puts the audience first. Indie88 is committed to providing a platform for emerging Canadian artists and all their fans. To experience Indie88, tune in to 88.1 FM and Indie88.com.