Indie88 Contest Rules & Regulations
1) No purchase necessary. The contest period, duration and timing will be identified by the on-air host at the time of the contest, or online at indie88.com.
2) To enter and to be eligible to win, the entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario eighteen (18) years of age or older (unless otherwise specified). In the event that the entrant is outside of the local calling area, standard long distance rates as charged by the entrant’s long distance service provider will apply. Employees and their parents, siblings, and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of Central Ontario Broadcasting (CIND-FM, CKMB-FM, and/or CFJB-FM), its agents, Contest/Prize Sponsors and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. Previous prize winners (including anyone from the winner’s household) who have won a prize in the preceding thirty (30) day period prior to the commencement of another contest on the radio station or on the radio station website are not eligible to enter or win the contest. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted for any particular Contest, unless otherwise specified. Multiple entries will be discarded. Entrants who breach these conditions of entry may be disqualified, to be determined at the Station’s sole discretion. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, altered or tampered with in any way.
3) Prize: The approximate retail value of the prize will vary depending on the contest. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Indie 88 reserves the right to substitute a prize of at least equal or greater value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised prize. Any costs incurred by a winner though the use of a prize, is the sole responsibility of the winner. Additionally, winners may be responsible for taxes and additional fees associated with the use of select prizes (examples: trips/vacations).
4) If you are declared a winner, you must pick up the prize at the radio station by the date indicated by the station representative (usually with 30 days of being declared a winner unless otherwise indicated). In order to claim the prize, the winner and, where applicable, his/her guest will be required to sign a Standard Prize Winner Release form confirming compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing the Contest sponsor(s) from all liability relating to the contest. Winners may be required to show valid photo identification when claiming a prize and answer a mathematical time-limited skill testing question without mechanical aid or assistance. No substitution for, or transfer of the prize, will be allowed. The prize is not redeemable for cash. The prize cannot be sold for cash.
5) Chances of winning depend on the number of entries received.
6) All decisions of the Station are final. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
7) If for any reason, in the opinion of the contest Sponsor(s), in its/their sole discretion, the contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, mechanical manipulation or any other causes beyond its/their control, Contest Sponsor(s) reserve(s) its/their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the contest including cancelling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries.
8) By entering the contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his/her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsor(s) for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this contest. Contest Sponsor(s) will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsor(s) should be addressed to the Station. Furthermore, by entering the contest, each entrant consents to the use of his/her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media used by the Contest Sponsors. The prize winner further agrees that his or her audio reaction may be used for on-air promotional purposes. The entrant understands and acknowledges that Indie88 may contact him or her on-air without prior knowledge as a result of his or her participation in the Contest.