Garnered 4 JUNO AWARD nominations!
Fan Choice, Single of the Year, Artist of the Year, Songwriter of the Year
Performing new single “Grand Optimist” on Juno Broadcast!
City and Colour’s third single, “The Grand Optimist,” will be performed on the upcoming JUNO AWARDS broadcast and was recently named “Best Canadian Song” by iTunes! The album “Little Hell”, also dubbed “Best Canadian Rock Album” by iTunes, recently went Platinum in Canada. The first single, “Fragile Bird” peaked at #2 at Alternative, and was voted #1 in Sirius XM’s Top 50 Songs of 2011. The second single, “Weightless” is a Top 5 hit. The voice is unmistakable – immediately identifiable by those that know it and intensely intriguing to those that don’t. It belongs to Dallas Green, perhaps better known as the man who writes, records, and performs under the moniker of City and Colour. Renowned across Canada thanks to the success of his previous two full length albums – 2005’s Sometimes and 2008’s Bring Me Your Love – and a live CD/DVD combo released between the two, Green propelled his profile to new heights with the #1 SoundScan debut of his third album, Little Hell, with over 20,000 sold in its first week. “Little Hell” was recorded at Catherine North Studios in Hamilton with producer Alex Newport (Death Cab For Cutie). Green sells out thousand+ seat venues across his native North America Europe, including performances at Lollapalooza, Glastonbury and at the UK’s treasured Royal Albert Hall which sold out in mere hours.
* Upcoming SOLD-OUT TOUR DATES in Toronto, Kitchener, London, Montreal, Quebec City, Halifax, Fredericto, Saint John and St. John’s!
* Watch “Grand Optimist” performed for CFOX Vancouver at Armory Studios in Vancouver HERE!
* “Little Hell” has been certified PLATINUM (#1 SoundScan debut, over 20,000 sold in its first week)!
* “Little Hell” debuted #2 Australia, #28 USA and Top 40 in the UK (SoundScan)
* Double Juno Award winner (Songwriter, Alternative Album)
* “Weightless” ROLLING STONE video premiere HERE
* Carson Daly TV (USA) performance HERE
* CBC-TV “Momma Tamma” performance HERE.
* Performed “Fragile Bird” at 2011 “We Day: Free The Children” (broadcast on MuchMusic)
* Performed “Weightless” at the 2011 Gemini Awards