[Win A Trip for Two to Jamaica – Courtesy of Expedia.ca and Ginge-Air]
Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Information on how to enter, the prizes, and rules for redeeming the prizes form part of the terms and conditions of entry for the Contest. Participation in the Contest is deemed to be acceptance to be legally bound by these Official Contest Rules (“Official Rules”) and any other notices referenced herein. In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Contest.
1) The Contest begins at 6:00 am ET and ends at 7:00 pm ET on April 1, 2016 (the “Contest Period”)
2) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter and to be eligible to win, the entrant must be a legal resident of Ontario eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and who otherwise meet the requirements set out in these Official Rules. In the event that an entrant is outside of the local calling area, standard long distance rates as charged by the entrant’s long distance service provider will apply. Employees and their parents, siblings, and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of Central Ontario Broadcasting (CIND-FM, CKMB-FM, and/or CFJB-FM), its agents, Contest/Prize Sponsors and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. Previous prize winners (including anyone from the winner’s household) who have won a prize in the preceding thirty (30) day period prior to the commencement of another contest on the radio station or on the radio station website are not eligible to enter or win the contest. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted for any particular Contest, unless otherwise specified. Multiple entries will be discarded. Entrants who breach these conditions of entry may be disqualified, to be determined at the Station’s sole discretion. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, altered or tampered with in any way.
3) TO ENTER: Listen to Indie88 at 88.1FM or via Live Stream at Indie88.com starting Friday, April 1st at 6AM. When the Indie88 host announces they’ll take a qualifier, the 8th listener to call (416) 588-0881 will be have their name qualified to win the prize.
4) Prize: One (1) winner will receive a trip prize consisting of the following: (i) roundtrip, economy class airfare transportation from Toronto to Jamaica (as determined by Expedia.ca, the Prize Provider (“Prize Provider”)) for the selected winner and one (1) guest; and (ii) 7 nights standard accommodations (one (1) room, double occupancy) in an all-inclusive hotel with a minimum 3-star rating (as selected by Prize Provider, in its sole and absolute discretion). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5,000 CAD, based on Toronto departure. Actual value of the prize may vary based on existing rates at the time of booking and dates of travel. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value will not be awarded.
Prize Conditions: Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following general conditions apply to the Prize: (i) Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable, assignable and/or or convertible to cash (except as may be specifically permitted by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); (ii) no substitutions except at Sponsor’s option; (iii) all travel related to the Prize must occur on or before April 1st 2017 (otherwise the Prize may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be forfeited in its entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in its place); (iv) the winner and his/her guest must: (a) travel on same itinerary; (b) have all necessary documentation to permit travel; and (c) not have any barrier to entry into Jamaica or re-entry into Canada; (v) the costs of everything not specifically stated above as included in the Prize are the sole and absolute responsibility of the winner and his/her guest, including, without limitation: meals and drinks that are not already included; gratuities; entertainment; luggage fees; health and travel insurance; transportation for winner and his/her guest to and from Toronto, Ontario; transportation while in Jamaica; and items of a personal nature (NOTE: winner may be required to present a valid major credit card in winner’s name at the time of hotel check-in to cover any incidental expenses); (vi) if the winner and/or his/her guest do not utilize any part(s) of the Prize, then any such part(s) not utilized may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be
forfeited in their entirety and, if forfeited, nothing will be substituted in their place; (vii) Sponsor reserves the right at any time to: (a) place reasonable restrictions on the availability or use of the Prize or any component thereof; and (b) substitute the Prize or a component thereof for any reason with a prize or prize component(s) of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but solely at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, a cash award; (viii) all travel arrangements relating to the Prize must be made through the Sponsor or its designated agents; (ix) by accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to waive all recourse against the Released Parties if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part; and (x) the winner’s guest must: (a) either be of the age of majority in his/her province/territory of residence or have the express written consent (in form and substance satisfactory to the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion) to accompany the confirmed winner on the trip; and (b) sign (and have his/her parent/legal guardian if he/she is under the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence) and return the Sponsor’s release (by the date indicated on the release form) indicating that he/she waives all recourse against the Released Parties relating to his/her participation in the Prize (including, without limitation, any travel related thereto). Travel restrictions may apply. The winner is responsible for paying any applicable federal, provincial, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for the prize, winner authorizes Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
5) Random Drawing: On _Monday April, 4th 2016 at 8:20 am ET in Toronto, Ontario, at Indie88, 20 Hanna Ave, Toronto, ON, M6K 3E7 Sponsor will select one (1) potential Contest winner in a random drawing from among three (3) received throughout the Contest Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor will notify the potential winner via _Email submitted at the time of entry. In the event a potential prize winner fails to claim his or her prize by 10:00 am ET on _Friday, April 29th, 2016, the potential prize winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such potential winner. If the prize is forfeited, the
Sponsor will conduct a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries at 10:00 am on Monday, May 2nd 2016 at the same location as the original drawing to select a new potential winner. Such newly selected potential winner will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the drawing, using the contact details provided by that person when entering the Contest.
6) If you are declared a winner, the winner and, where applicable, his/her guest will be required to sign a Standard Prize Winner Release from Indie88/Central Ontario Broadcasting and Expedia.ca confirming compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing the Contest sponsor(s) from all liability relating to the contest. Winners may be required to show valid photo identification when claiming a prize and answer a mathematical time-limited skill testing question without mechanical aid or assistance. No substitution for, or transfer of the prize, will be allowed. The prize is not redeemable for cash. The prize cannot be sold for cash.
7) Chances of winning depend on the number of entries received.
8) All decisions of the Station are final. This contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
9) If for any reason, in the opinion of the contest Sponsor(s), in its/their sole discretion, the contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, mechanical manipulation or any other causes beyond its/their control, Contest Sponsor(s) reserve(s) its/their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the contest including cancelling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries.
10) By entering the contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his/her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsor(s) for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this contest. Contest Sponsor(s) will not sell or transmit this information to third parties
except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsor(s) should be addressed to the Station. Furthermore, by entering the contest, each entrant consents to the use of his/her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media used by the Contest Sponsors. The prize winner further agrees that his or her audio reaction may be used for on-air promotional purposes. The entrant understands and acknowledges that Indie88 may contact him or her on-air without prior knowledge as a result of his or her participation in the Contest.
11) Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or the prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Ontario, Canada. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ontario, Canada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Ontario.
12) The Contest is sponsored by Indie88.