Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Contest Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF ONTARIO ONLY.
The Indie88 Give Me a Break with Sunwing (the “Contest”) is organized by Indie88 (“Contest Organizer”). Participation in the Contest constitutes full and unconditional agreement and acceptance by each Eligible Participant of the Contest Rules, which are final on all matters relating to the Contest.
1. Contest Period. The Contest period starts at designated times starting on 28-Oct-2019 and ending on 17-November-2019. The two winners will be selected on or before 18-Nov-2019. (the “Contest Period”)
2. Eligibility. The Contest is open to legal residents of Ontario. Trip must be completed by 31-October-2020. The Contest is not open to employees, representatives or agents (and persons with whom they are domiciled, whether related or not) of the Contest Organizer or its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotional agencies.
3. How to Participate. To enter, eligible participants must sign up at Indie88.com, under the WIN page, on the Indie88’s Give Me a Break contest page. Starting Monday, November 4th, listen to Indie88 during the contest period and listen for your first and last name to be called. The listener has 8 minutes to call the Indie88 host back at (416) 588-0881 to confirm their identity and be officially qualifed to win.
a. No purchase of any kind is necessary to enter the Contest.
b. There is no limit of entry’s during the contest period. The Contest Organizer is not responsible for: (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information and entries that fail to comply with the Contest Rules; or (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, and assumes no liability for damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer or other device resulting from participating in the Contest. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address in question.
c. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the contest organizer). Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
4. Winner Selection. Two draws will be held. The first draw will be completed on Friday, November 8th 2019 at 5:30PM EST and the second draw will be completed on Monday, November 18th 2019 at 7:30AM EST. Winners will be randomly selected by Indie88 from the confirmed qualifier list.
5. Prize. There are two prizes (the “Prize”) to be won consisting of:
• Roundtrip airfare, based on economy class, for two (2) persons consisting of two (2) adults (one of whom must be the winner) from any available Canadian gateway to St.Maarten onboard a Sunwing Airlines operated flight
• 7 (seven) nights standard accommodations at the Sonesta Maho Beach Resort Casino and Spa in a room based on a double occupancy
• All Inclusive meal plan while at the Sonesta Maho Beach Resort Casino and Spa
• Land transfers between the airport and hotel in destination
• All hotel taxes and processing fees
• Taxes (including, but not limited to, departure taxes, air seat/airline taxes and applicable federal, provincial, municipal, state and/or local taxes)
• Ground transportation not specifically mentioned above (including transportation to and from you and your guest(s)’ homes)
• Airport improvement fees
• Insurance (including, but not limited to, travel insurance, medical insurance and trip cancelation insurance)
• Connecting flights (including to the departure gateway city if you do not live near an available gateway)
• Sightseeing tours and other in-destination activities
• Travel related fees/surcharges
• Excess baggage fees
• Costs associated with obtaining travel documents (including, but not limited to passports and visas)
• Costs associated with obtaining necessary vaccinations
• Items of personal nature
• Additional meals
• Room upgrade
• Tips & gratuities
• In-room movies
The Prize winners and his or her travelling companion are responsible for obtaining proper travel documentation (e.g., passports), travel insurance, and all other costs, expenses and taxes that are not specifically included above. Sunwing Vacations is not responsible if winner or his or her travelling companion is denied entrance into any country for any reason. No changes are permitted to reservations. Trip must be completed by October 31st 2020.
Exact value of the Prize depends on point of departure as well as time of travel. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or sold, has no cash value, and will not be refunded if unused. No substitutions, changes or extensions are permitted. No substitutions except at Contest Organizer’s option. Contest Organizer reserves the right to substitute the Prize or Prize component for one of equal or greater retail value.
6. General. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Contest Organizer in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to conflicts of law principles.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Contest Organizer is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, the Contest Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prize
7. SUNWING VACATION RULES & REGULATION:
Limitation and Rules & Regulations
- You accept the prize “as is” otherwise it will be forfeited
- Travel is valid from November 1, 2019- October 31, 2020 (the “Travel Period”)
- Travel is subject to availability and must be requested a minimum of four (4) weeks prior to the requested departure date
- Blackout periods apply, including without limitation: Nov 21-28, Dec 17-Jan 04, Jan 18-25, Feb 12 – 22, March 11-15, Apr 8-22 , May 23-30, June 27-July 4 and Aug 01-31 subject to availability
- If you are unable to travel during the Travel Period, you will be required to forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected at Sunwing’s sole discretion
- Once reservation is made, they cannot be changed
- As Sunwing Airlines does not operate year- round in many Canadian gateways and Sunwing Airlines has stopped flying for the season out of your closest Canadian gateway for your requested travel dates- it is left at your responsibility (the prize winner) to make your way to the next closest Canadian gateway with operating flights for your requested departure dates
- All reservations are subject to the terms and conditions set out in Sunwing’s brochure or located on Sunwing’s website located at www.sunwing.ca
- You and your travel guest(s) must be in possession of a valid passport and other necessary travel documents upon selection, which documents must be valid prior to, and for the duration of the trip. Failure to obtain necessary travel documentation will result in forfeiture of the prize
- Any lost or stolen, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced
- All airline tickets are subject to flight variations, work stoppage, and schedule or route changes
- Sunwing reserves the right to structure travel routes and select hotels in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sunwing
- If the prize, or any portion thereof, is unused, it cannot be carried forward and will be forfeit
- Elements of the prize (including, without limitation, airfare and lodging) may not be used towards frequent flyer miles or other loyalty programs
- You and your guest must comply with all applicable laws, including but not limited to, all local laws while in destination
- The prize, and any portion thereof, is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except as may be decided by Sunwing in its sole discretion
Sunwing reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify the prize or any portion thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value for any reason