Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Contest Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF CANADA ONLY, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF QUEBEC.
The Indie88 Give Me a Break (the “Contest”) is organized by Indie88 (“Contest Organizer”). Participation in the Contest constitutes full and unconditional agreement and acceptance by each Eligible Participant of the Contest Rules, which are final on all matters relating to the Contest.
1. Contest Period. The Contest period starts at designated times starting on 18-Nov-2019 and ending on 22-Nov-2019. The winner will be selected on or before 25-Nov-2019. (the “Contest Period”)
2. Eligibility. The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, other than residents of Quebec. Trip must be completed by 31-Dec-2020. The Contest is not open to employees, representatives or agents (and persons with whom they are domiciled, whether related or not) of the Contest Organizer or its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotional agencies.
3. How to Participate. To enter, eligible participants must visit the Give Me a Break Contest page at Indie88.com and register with their legal first and last name, date of birth, and phone number. Starting Monday, November 18th, the Indie88 host will call out a registered participant’s name live on-air. The participant will have 8 minutes from the time of the announce to call the Indie88 studio line back at (416) 588-0881 to qualify to win the “Grand Prize”. The call-out times or qualifying times are 8AM, 1PM and 5PM EST starting Monday, November 18th until Friday, November 22nd 2019.
a. No purchase of any kind is necessary to enter the Contest.
b. There is no limit of entry’s during the contest period. The Contest Organizer is not responsible for: (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information and entries that fail to comply with the Contest Rules; or (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, and assumes no liability for damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer or other device resulting from participating in the Contest. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address in question.
c. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the contest organizer). Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
4. Winner Selection. A draw will be held, and a winner will be randomly selected by Indie88.
5. Prize. There is one prize (the “Prize”) to be won consisting of:
a.Round-trip Flights for Two Adults from Toronto, ON to London, England, courtesy of Air Transat. Flight value of up to $1,000 CAN per adult.
b. The 4-day “London Explore Package” from Contiki, including 3 nights accommodations in a centrally located hotel in London, England, 4 Breakfasts, 2-day underground and puss pass, open top bus tour, and other experiences as outline here at Contiki.com.
c. Taxes & fees
The Prize winner and his or her travelling companion is responsible for obtaining proper travel documentation (e.g., passports), travel insurance, meals not included in selected trip itinerary, and all other costs, expenses and taxes that are not specifically included above. Contiki Holidays Canada (Limited) is not responsible if winner or his or her travelling companion is denied entrance into any country for any reason. No changes are permitted to reservations. Trip must be completed by December 31st 2020. Approximate retail value of trip based on Toronto departure example is $2,000 (per person).
Exact value of the Prize depends on point of departure as well as time of travel. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or sold, has no cash value, and will not be refunded if unused. No substitutions, changes or extensions are permitted. No substitutions except at Contest Organizer’s option. Contest Organizer reserves the right to substitute the Prize or Prize component for one of equal or greater retail value.
6. Declaration and Release of Winner of the Prize. In order to win, the selected Prize winner must have registered at Indie88 Give Me a Break – London Contest Page, their first name, last name, email address, date of birth and phone number. The Contest Organizer will attempt to contact the potential winner by email within three (3) business days after the determination of the Prize winner. Proof of identification must be provided upon request.
Before being declared the Prize winner, the potential winner will be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release within ten business days of notification which (among other things): (a) confirms he or she has read and complies with these Contest Rules including eligibility requirements; (b) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (c) releases the Releasees from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the potential winner’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (d) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the potential winner’s name, address, story, statements about the Contest, photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by Indie88 and Contiki Holidays Canada (Limited) in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast and the internet.
If a potential winner cannot be contacted by email, or he or she fails to return the declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release form and contest documents within the specified time, he or she will forfeit the Prize, and an alternate winner may be selected, in the sole discretion of the Contest Organizer. Once an Eligible Participant is declared a winner by Contest Organizer, Contiki Holidays Canada (Limited) will send the Eligible Participant a letter containing the details on how to redeem the Prize.
7. General. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and the Contest Organizer in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to conflicts of law principles.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Contest Organizer is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in advertising, the Contest Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prize