There have been many hours spent studying whether or not musical talent is inherent. These artiss make a great case that it is. Here are 8 musicians with famous parents:
1. Jesse F. Keeler of DFA 1979 and MSTRKRFT grew up in an extremely musical family. His dad played in an early line-up of Steppenwolf. At one point when Jesse was a kid, Alice Cooper’s bass player and wife even lived in their house.
2. Ryan Rabin, drummer of Grouplove is the son of Trevor Rabin who was the guitarist in Yes. When Grouplove were recording their debut album, his dad let the band move into their house to make the record.
3. Jakob Dylan is the main singer and songwriter for the famous 90s band The Wallflowers. He has also released a couple solo albums since they called it quits in 2005. Jakob is the son of one of the most famous musicians of the 20th century, Bob Dylan.
4. Elle King is the daughter of Deuce Bigalow Male Gigolo actor Rob Schneider and she even played a really small part in that movie as the “Cookie Girl”.
5. Berry Gordy founded the Motown Record Corporation which released music for such musicians as Marv Johnson, The Supremes, Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, The Jackson 5, and Stevie Wonder. He is also the father of Redfoo from LMFAO.
6. Rufus Wainwright is the son of Kate Mcgarrigle and Loudon Wainwright III. He started music at a very early age and was already nominated for a Genie at 16 and a Juno at 17.
7. David Campbell is a famous composer who has done orchestral arrangements on over 450 gold and platinum albums for bands like U2, Muse, Adele, Taylor Swift, Rush, Michael Jackson, and a shopping list of others. He is also the father of Beck Hansen.
8. The Beach Boys were one of the most famous bands of the 1960s. Brian Wilson’s daughters Carnie and Wendy Wilson continued his legacy with their band Wilson Phillips.