Remember when “emo” was a thing? The term itself doesn’t mean much but there seemed to be a trend of bands that shared a certain aesthetic that peaked in the early-mid 2000s. Some have fallen by the wayside while others have survived (or are working on a comeback).
How emo are you? Take this quiz:
1. You secretly got excited when you heard about this tour [Add 3 points]
2. You’ve dyed your hair black [Add 2 points]
3. You have more than 3 tattoos on the same arm OR a tattoo with song lyrics [Add 5 points]
4. You’ve crowd-surfed [Add 7 points]
5. You own a pair of Vans OR Keds [Add 3 points]
6. You’ve worn guy-liner OR black nail polish [Add 5 points]
7. Any face piercing [Add 3 points]
8. You had to explain to your parents that you’re not a goth Add 3 points]
9. You write poetry and scrawl in your journal because you just have so many feelings! [Add 10 points]
10. You still have a Myspace page [Add 3 points]
11. You can still sing along with these songs [Add 2 points per song]
0-25: NORMIE – Don’t you have a heart?? Look around you at all the beauty and tragedy in the world!!!
25-35: SINGLE TEAR – You remember emo from back in the day but you’ve cut your bangs and moved on.
35-45: WELCOME TO MY LIFE – Why is this even a quiz?? If you don’t love this stuff you just don’t get it!!
45-55: PRIMO EMO! You’re completely in touch with your dark emotional side, and maybe still stuck in 2004.