Experience Live Medieval Action at Medieval Times Toronto
Experience the thrilling world of knights, jousting, and medieval action at Medieval Times Toronto. Step into a majestic castle and witness epic battles, dazzling horsemanship, and a captivating storyline.
Cheer for your favourite knight as they compete in skillful games and engage in exciting sword fights. Indulge in a delicious medieval-style feast while being entertained by the enchanting spectacle.
Medieval Times Toronto offers a unique and immersive experience that transports you back in time to the age of chivalry and adventure. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable journey into the past.
Medieval Times Toronto is located at 10 Dufferin Street, Exhibition Place, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is situated within the Exhibition Place complex, near the shores of Lake Ontario.
The venue is easily accessible by public transportation and offers ample parking facilities for visitors. The castle-like structure stands out and provides a captivating backdrop for the medieval-themed experience.
Medieval Times Toronto operates with a schedule designed to entertain guests throughout the week. The venue is closed on Mondays, but on other days, the medieval action comes alive with shows starting at 7:30 PM. Saturdays offer two thrilling shows, while Sundays feature a show at 4:30 PM. It’s important to note that showtimes and hours may be subject to change, so it’s recommended to check their official website for the latest information.
How Much Does It Cost To Go To Medieval Times?
Medieval Times Toronto offers a discounted pricing option with 15% off for both adults and children. The regular price for adults is $71.95, but with the discount, it becomes $61.16. For children, the regular price is $49.95, and with the discount, it becomes $42.46.
With your ticket, you can enjoy a thrilling two-hour tournament featuring magnificent Pure Spanish Horses, authentic sword fights, jousting, and a delicious four-course feast. Don’t miss out on this exciting experience!
To get the discount, make sure to mention or enter coupon code 15MT at time of purchase. Go here to get your ticket!
Medieval Times Toronto offers convenient on-site parking for guests. Parking fees may apply, and the cost is typically determined by the venue. Visitors can park their vehicles at the designated parking area near the venue entrance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about the show:
- What exactly is Medieval Times? At Medieval Times, they offer a boisterous, family-friendly experience inspired by an 11th-century feast and tournament. Guests are served a 4-course banquet as they cheer for one of six knights competing in the joust and other tests of skill.
- What should be expected at a Medieval Times performance? Prepare for 2 hours of adventure set in Medieval Spain. Highly trained knights will joust and show off their swordsmanship in hand-to-hand combat, along with displays of horsemanship and majestic falconry.
- Is the show historically accurate? Medieval Times is based upon authentic Medieval history and is the true story of a noble family with documentation dating back to the 11th Century.
- What else does Medieval Times have besides a feast and show? They welcome adult guests to imbibe at their vast bar, while everyone can procure goods at their gift shop and peruse medieval artifacts in the Hall of Arms.
- Is the show appropriate for all ages? It is! Children under the age of 3 are admitted free as long as they sit on adults’ laps and eat from their plate. If you prefer the child to have his or her own seat and meal, then the child rate would apply.
What is the running time of the show? The show is approximately two hours long.
- Will strobe lights be used in the show? Yes, the show uses stroboscopic effects.
- Is the show accessible to those with disabilities? Certainly, for accessible seating, let their staff know upon arrival that you require accessible seating, and they will make accommodations. When purchasing tickets online, you may also check “Show me ADA/Accessible Seating,” and they will reserve your accessible seating ahead of time.
- How early should I get there? The Castle gates open 60 minutes prior to showtime, and it is recommended to arrive as early as possible. Many shows sell out, and it takes time to get everyone in efficiently and safely.
- What is the dress code? The dress code for their Castles is casual – please feel free to come ready for feasting, fighting, and fun! As their Castles are indoor and climate-controlled, some guests prefer to bring a light sweater or jacket. They ask that you refrain from hats or headdresses that may block the view of other guests during the tournament or masks/costumes that cover your face in its entirety.
- Do they sell merchandise? They do! Guests can visit their gift shop to browse merchandise, including costumes and medieval toy weapons.
How Long Is Medieval Times Show In Toronto?
The Medieval Times show in Toronto is approximately two hours long. This includes your dinner, as well as the actual show itself, and all of the fun and entertaining events they have planned. Make sure to arrive early so you can get a good seat!
Is Medieval Times Worth It In Toronto?
Medieval Times is a popular dinner theatre experience that takes you back to the medieval era with live jousting, sword fights, and a medieval-style meal. While opinions about whether Medieval Times is worth it can vary, here are some factors to consider when deciding if it’s worth visiting the Toronto location.
- Unique Experience: Medieval Times offers a unique and immersive experience that can be enjoyable for those interested in medieval history, knights, and medieval-themed entertainment. If you have a particular fascination with this time period, you may find the experience to be worth it.
- Entertainment Value: The show at Medieval Times features thrilling jousting tournaments, equestrian performances, and other medieval-themed acts. If you appreciate live performances and enjoy the excitement of watching skilled performers engage in competitive activities, you may find the entertainment value of the show to be worth the price.
- Ambiance and Atmosphere: The Toronto location of Medieval Times is designed to recreate a medieval castle environment, complete with period costumes, props, and decorations. The immersive atmosphere can add to the overall experience and make it feel like you’ve stepped back in time.
- Family-Friendly Experience: Medieval Times is often popular among families, especially those with children. Kids tend to enjoy the spectacle, the chance to cheer for their favourite knights, and the interactive nature of the show. If you’re looking for a family-friendly outing, Medieval Times can be a suitable option.
Ultimately, whether Medieval Times is worth it in Toronto depends on your personal interests, budget, and the kind of experience you’re seeking. If you’re intrigued by the medieval theme, enjoy live performances, and are willing to pay for a unique entertainment experience, then you will likely enjoy this experience.
However, if you’re not particularly interested in the medieval era or if the cost seems prohibitive, you may want to explore other entertainment options in Toronto.
Does Medieval Times Have A Dress Code?
While not mandatory, some guests choose to embrace the medieval theme and wear costumes or accessories such as crowns, capes, or medieval-inspired attire. It can add to the fun and immersive experience, but it’s entirely optional.
It’s worth noting that if you choose to wear a hat or a crown during the show, you may need to remove it during certain parts of the performance for safety reasons.
Overall, the dress code at Medieval Times is fairly flexible, but we recommend dressing presentably and comfortably while keeping the medieval theme in mind.