Current Job Postings
Toronto’s newest radio station is looking for motivated sales people to join the local sales team.
You are a believer in the power of radio advertising with a passion for direct retail sales which will help build our Customers’ business. Reporting to the General Sales Manager, you have experience in the advertising industry with local advertising development; you are hardworking, results driven & with strong interpersonal, communication & organizational skills.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE YOU MUST HAVE:
• A proven sales performer with measurable radio and digital sales experience
• Source, develop and grow new advertising business revenue.
• Ability to research & identify prospective customers, determine their potential, create and sell advertising campaigns.
• Develop, write and present clear and effective written proposals for current and prospective customers.
• Ability to make targeted creative presentations which inspire and grow client’s business.
• Actively participate in team sales and promotion meetings, providing written reports, customer needs & competitive activities.
• Create strategic sales promotional campaigns that meet client needs and fit station branding initiatives.
• Be a positive contributor to both the sales team and overall station initiatives.
• Successfully coordinate sales efforts with other departments.
• Ability to manage time effectively and multi-task.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Who We Are:
Central Ontario Broadcasting is an independent broadcasting company with 25 years experience. We can make decisions quickly, we still believe radio is fun and a powerful tool for our clients and we encourage creative thinking. We’re use to innovating and delivering best in class solutions to our clients.
How to apply:
Please apply with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Digital Media Intern
Indie88 is searching for a intern to join the Digital Media Team. You are preferably a student in a post graduate or graduate program with a focus on digital media and communications. You are looking for an internship that fulfills your program requirements. You have exceptional research and writing skills and a strong interest and aptitude for social media. You are a music fan who knows many of the artists Indie88 plays and regularly uses digital tools to discover and share music. You have some experience with the following Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, digital photography, and blogging.
- Research and curate relevant music news for publication on Indie88 digital channels
- Draft concert listings, music news, and lifestyle articles for Indie88 digital channels
- Edit photos for use on Indie88 digital channels
- Draft and schedule social media posts
- Comfortable with WordPress publishing
- Assist with operation of camera equipment for video and photo shoots
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
Want this? Send a great cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Digital Media Intern” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Indie88 (CIND-FM) officially launched on August 3rd as Canada’s first Indie station – Giving Great Music A Home. The station supports the musician behind the song and puts the audience first. Indie88 is committed to providing a platform for emerging Canadian artists and all their fans. To experience Indie88, tune in to 88.1 FM and Indie88.com.
Street Team Leaders – Seasonal
Indie88 is searching for our next energetic Street Team Leaders to join our promotional team. Do you have an outgoing, energetic and approachable personality? Do you love engaging with the public and working with a fantastic team? Reporting to the Street Team Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for representing the station at the best events in Toronto while creating fun, memorable experiences for our listeners.
- Represent Indie88 all over the GTA, and execute station appearances on the street, at events, concerts, festivals, client locations, movie premieres, etc.
- Engage with listeners and make them remember you. You’re approachable and you love talking to strangers!
- Be a social media superstar, posting photo and video content to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook from station events, concerts, on the street, etc.
- Promote the station and brand with a big smile! Be outgoing, enthusiastic and have fun!
- Be able to shine in front of a crowd and be comfortable on a microphone.
- Identify big events and opportunities to make a splash in Toronto.
- Coordinate on site events and street team member tasks.
- Assist in all areas of station promotions as required (office/on-site)
- Responsible, reliable and punctual. Always represent the station in a professional manner.
- Set up and tear down equipment and signage.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available weekends/evenings/holidays.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid class “G” Ontario drivers licence and a clean driving record.
- Excellent geographic knowledge of the GTA.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Must thrive in a fast paced, team environment.
- Able to lift and carry equipment as required.
- Previous promotional experience is an asset.
Hours: Approximately 30-40 hours per week.
Want this? Send a great cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Street Team Leader” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.